More exhilaration than any other PWC in the industry.
Feel the rush of speeding across the water and thrill of turning on a dime. Engineered for competition and aggressive riding, this competition-level boat delivers lightweight, agile handling with the added capability of sharing the ride with those who crave adventure. A super-quick, 4-stroke 1.8 liter Yamaha Marine engine boasts the largest displacement in its class, matching the performance of the world’s best supercharged boats – without the added costs of a supercharger. The ultra-lightweight NanoXcel® hull is incredibly agile, delivering the most fuel-efficient ride in the high performance category. No matter your riding style – the VXS delivers a playful ride unlike anything else.
VX Hull + NanoXcel + 1.8L High Output Engine
The VX Hull, popular for its slimness and light weight, is now made using the ultra lightweight hull material NanoXcel. Out of all existing runabout models, this makes the hull body the lightest in the industry. The advantages of the hull are complemented by its high-performance, high-response 1.8L High Output engine. The speed and agility of the new VXS has been refined even further.
The intake shape on the hood resembles 'fangs' and accentuates the aggressiveness of the design.
Control this lightweight and compact machine and feel the joy of leaving your heavy-class rivals in your wake.
The VXS is a light weight sporty model for those who want to experience the true nature of fun riding.
The Engine, Pump and Body
- 1,812cc NA High Output Engine: The torque generated by the large displacement 1,812cc NA (Naturally Aspirated) high output engine combined with the brisk revving up of this type of engine provide exhilarating acceleration. Exhaustive measures to make the engine compact and lightweight have resulted in an engine weight that is the same level as a conventional 1,052cc high output engine. In addition, superior fuel economy has been achieved by implementing extensive measures to reduce power loss and improve combustion efficiency.
- NanoXcel Deck & Hull: The super-lightweight hull & deck NanoXcel achieves a revolutionary reduction in relative weight without sacrificing strength and production efficiency. and by using it in the hull, deck and other main parts of the craft it has been possible to achieve a 25 % reduction in weight compared to the conventional materials. This major reduction in weight brings big benefits in the form of lighter handling, faster acceleration and better fuel economy.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and off throttle steering. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft.This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system with three-blade stainless steel impeller and 87mm diameter pump nozzle: All jet pump parts have been fine tuned in order to effectively convert the power generated by the 1,812cc NA engine into propulsion force. The pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you can not turn around easily.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Multi Chine VX Hul: The proudest feature of the VX is its Semi V-Hull. It gives that VX its sharp, responsive handling and its neutralturning performance. It has stability and comfort you wouldn't expect from a body this compact for a 3-seater.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience
- Open Loop Cooling: All Yamaha WaveRunner utilize open loop cooling, which is used by nearly all marine manufactures. It's the most effective, reliable and maintenance-free way to cool your engine.
- Multi-function Meter: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, battery voltage, overheat warning, hour meter and check engine light with self-diagnostic function.
- Security Mode / Low RPM Mode: With the click of a remote transmitter, you can easily reduce top speed and RPMs. The push of another button gives you the ability to disable the ignition, preventing an accidental start-up or an unauthorized joyride.
- 57.0 liters of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Dual Convex Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Extended Rear Platform: It provides the space you want for a rest in your marine sports fun, a place to put on or take off your snorkeling or wakeboarding equipment. It is exactly the space you wanted to make the most of the limited room on a PWC.
- Glove Box with Dual Beverage Holder: The large-capacity Glove Box is fitted with a Beverage Holder attachment. It will hold a drink for the rider as well as the passenger for a little added cruising preparedness.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft’s conspicuity.
- Chrome Plated Parts: The Add On air intake that rises above the front lid gives a high-quality look.
|Bore/Stroke||86 x 78mm|
|Carburetor/Injector||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Engine Type||4 Cylinder; 4 Stroke; 1.8L High Output|
|Fuel Capacity||60 L|
|Oil Capacity||4.3 L|
|Pump||155mm; High-Pressure Axial Flow|
|Lubrication Type||Wet Sump|
|Vehicle Capacity||1-3 person|
|Storage Capacity||57 L|
|Colour||Black with Carbon|