2013 VX CRUISER
A comfortable ride without the need to spend more than you're comfortable with.
Families demand more. More fun. More comfort. More peace of mind. And they want it all at a great price. That’s where the VX Cruiser wins them over every time. A compact, lightweight 4-stroke Marine engine delivers the sporty performance, fuel efficiency and Yamaha reliability you expect. The signature Cruiser seat keeps everyone comfortable. The extended swim platform features a padded step and more than 15 gallons of deck storage – just a few of the features that make this the best-selling PWC of all time. Everything about Yamaha’s VX Cruiser is designed to keep your family riding until the sun decides to call it a day.
The VX 4 stroke engine and high performance body provide refreshing maneuverability and riding comfort, which ensure that both first-time riders and experts can fully enjoy the world of fine riding. The VX's position as a global best seller model is unassailable due to its solid driving performance, excellent cost performance, industry leading fuel efficiency and rare qualities as an on-water entertainer.
The VX Cruiser features a cruiser seat that fits riders perfectly even when turning or accelerating. There is no question that the VX cruiser seat lets both driver and passengers enjoy to the fullest the satisfaction of distance cruising.
Add to this the easy-handling VX hull and riders can really get a sense of the balance and feel the superb ride.
The VX 4-stroke 4-cylinder engine gives you stress free pick-up and industry leading fuel efficiency. The economic efficiency and extended cruising range of the VX Cruiser gives you the freedom to cruise the weekend in ease and comfort.
The Engine, Pump and Body
- 1,052cc VX Engine: With a combination of the ultra-smooth power development, low noise, low fuel consumption and low emissions, the VX Engine is everything today's customers and society ask for in a PWC engine. Open up the throttle on this 1,052cc, 4 stroke, 4 cylinder, DOHC engine and enjoy the feeling of real response and power at your fingertips.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- The VX pump design: is one of the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you can not turn around easily.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Multi Chine VX Hul: The proudest feature of the VX is its Semi V-Hull. It gives that VX its sharp, responsive handling and its neutral turning performance. It has stability and comfort you wouldn't expect from a body this compact for a 3-seater.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience.
- Open Loop Cooling: All Yamaha WaveRunner utilize open loop cooling, which is used by nearly all marine manufactures. It's the most effective, reliable and maintenance-free way to cool your engine.
- Yamaha Cruiser Seat: Yamaha’s innovative Cruiser seat and handholds provide excellent comfort for the rear passenger.
- Multi-function Meter: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- Security Mode / Low RPM Mode: With the click of a remote transmitter, you can easily reduce top speed and RPMs. The push of another button gives you the ability to disable the ignition, preventing an accidental start-up or an unauthorized joyride.
- Reboarding Step: makes remounting the craft more graceful and easier for water sports.
- Dual Convex Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- 57 liters of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Extended Rear Platform: The most defining aspect of the exterior look of the WaveRunner VX series is surely its Extended Rear Platform. It provides the space you want for a rest in your marine sports fun, a place to put on or take off your snorkeling or wakeboarding equipment. It is exactly the space you wanted to make the most of the limited room on a PWC.
- Glove Box with Dual Beverage Holder: The large-capacity Glove Box is fitted with a Beverage Holder attachment. It will hold a drink for the rider as well as the passenger for a little added cruising preparedness.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuity.
|FEATURE||2013 VX CRUISER|
|Bore/Stroke||76 x 58mm|
|Carburetor/Injector||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Dry Weight||340 kg|
|Engine Type||4-Cylinder; 4-Stroke|
|Fuel Capacity||60 L|
|Oil Capacity||4.3 L|
|Pump||155mm; High-Pressure Axial Flow|
|Lubrication Type||Dry Sump|
|Vehicle Capacity||1-3 person|
|Storage Capacity||57 L|
|Colour||Silver Metallic; Blue|