2013 VX SPORT
A lifetime of memories begins with the VX Sport.
There’s a reason the VX Sport is the number one choice of rental operators and families craving fun on the water – the VX Sport makes memories. Optimized for 87-octane fuel, its reliable 4-stroke Marine engine boasts the lowest two-year maintenance requirements of any watercraft in its class. Great features like dual mirrors, a convenient tow hook and the industry’s largest stern platform make this the WaveRunner personal watercraft everyone wants to experience. With over 15 gallons of storage, there’s room for three, room for gear and more than enough room in your budget. It’s no wonder Yamaha has the highest customer satisfaction rating in the industry.
Since its debut in 2005, global best seller model VX Series has gained the overwhelming support of a variety of customers around the world.
The VX's position as a global best seller model is unassailable due to its solid driving performance, excellent cost performance, industry leading fuel efficiency and rare qualities as an on-water entertainer.
It has a high performance engine, a sharp handling VX hull, and an exhilarating ride. Try the VX Sport just once and you'll immediately understand why we say, "Simple is Beautiful."
We've added the Black Hull to the VX Sport to bring out its innate beauty.
For such a simple PWC, it's full to the brim with standard features, and we've added Convex Dual Mirrors to mix.
If you just want to ride right now, then this is the machine for you.
The Engine, Pump and Body
- 1,052cc VX Engine: With a combination of the ultra-smooth power development, low noise, low fuel consumption and low emissions, the VX Engine is everything today's customers and society ask for in a PWC engine. Open up the throttle on this 1,052cc, 4 stroke, 4 cylinder, DOHC engine and enjoy the feeling of real response and power at your fingertips.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water-jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and OTS. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft. This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- The VX pump design: is one of the most efficient pump configuration ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Multi Chine VX Hul: The proudest feature of the VX is its Semi V-Hull. It gives that VX its sharp, responsive handling and its neutral turning performance. It has stability and comfort you wouldn't expect from a body this compact for a 3-seater.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience.
- Open Loop Cooling: All Yamaha WaveRunner utilize open loop cooling, which is used by nearly all marine manufactures. It's the most effective, reliable and maintenance-free way to cool your engine.
- Multi-function Meter: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic function.
- 57 liters of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
- Extended Rear Platform: The most defining aspect of the exterior look of the WaveRunner VX series is surely its Extended Rear Platform. It provides the space you want for a rest in your marine sports fun, a place to put on or take off your snorkeling or wakeboarding equipment. It is exactly the space you wanted to make the most of the limited room on a PWC.
- Hydro Turf Mats: Under foot is the same Hydro Turf Mats chosen by the world’s PWC racers. They offer optimum grip as well as a cushioning effect that riders are sure to appreciate. Their outstanding durability is another feature that is sure to satisfy commercial users.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuity.
- Dual Convex Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
|FEATURE||2013 VX SPORT|
|Bore/Stroke||76 x 58mm|
|Carburetor/Injector||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Dry Weight||334 kg|
|Engine Type||4-Cylinder; 4-Stroke|
|Fuel Capacity||60 L|
|Oil Capacity||4.3 L|
|Pump||155mm; High-Pressure Axial Flow|
|Lubrication Type||Dry Sump|
|Vehicle Capacity||1-3 person|
|Storage Capacity||57 L|
|Colour||White with Yacht Blue|