2013 FX HO
Built to outperform expectations. Even your own.
Yamaha’s race-inspired FX HO is the perfect choice for enthusiasts who crave a thrilling ride at a great price. Its powerful 4-stroke Yamaha Marine engine delivers lower operating costs, supreme reliability and the highest customer satisfaction in the industry. With its lightweight, NanoXcel Hull, the FX HO exhibits the distinct look and feel only a Yamaha can provide. The adjustable steering column can be tilted up or down and Yamaha’s Quick Shift Trim System permits bow adjustments on the fly for a more personalized riding style. A True Neutral setting engages instantly to make idling and docking easier. The FX HO continues to impress by shredding water without making waves in your wallet.
An excellent combination of the lightweight N/A engine and the NanoXcel body gives you nimble and sharp operability.
A re-bording step of the FX series has been sized up to allow boarding from a deeper position, and the shape has been revised for better feet position. In addition handles placed under the seat allow further ease for boarding.
A cruise assist function vital for cruising has been proposed by Yamaha ahead of the others.
The shape of the bow side storage has been revised, which expands the capacity by approximately 40% as compared to the previous model. All that is required for long-distance cruising can be stored in the required storage areas of 125 liters in total.
Caters for many kinds of enjoyment. Get the most out of the machine's high performance ability.
The Engine, Pump and Body
- 1,812 cc NA High Output Engine: The torque generated by the large displacement 1,812cc NA (Naturally Aspirated) high output engine combined with the brisk revving up of this type of engine provide exhilarating acceleration. Exhaustive measures to make the engine compact and lightweight have resulted in an engine weight that is the same level as a conventional 1,052cc high output engine. In addition, superior fuel economy has been achieved by implementing extensive measures to reduce power loss and improve combustion efficiency.
- NanoXcel Deck & Hull: The super-lightweight hull & deck NanoXcel achieves a revolutionary reduction in relative weight without sacrificing strength and production efficiency. And by using it in the hull, deck and other main parts of the craft, it has been possible to achieve a 25 % reduction in weight compared to the conventional materials.
The NanoXcel hull has been reengineered with a full keel for confident straightline tracking while the full-length, outside chines provide great stability.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and off throttle steering. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft.This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system with newly designed three-blade stainless steel impeller and 87mm diameter pump nozzle: All jet pump parts have been fine tuned in order to effectively convert the power generated by the 1,812cc NA engine into propulsion force. The new FX HO pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Reverse and a new, mechanical neutral gear: combine to offer precise control and ease of operation.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- Quick Shift Trim System (Q.S.T.S.): Mechanically operated, this system offers instant change in the attitude of the watercraft while underway allowing for tighter turns or quicker acceleration on plane, as the rider prefers. Q.S.T.S. offers 24 degrees of total trim range.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience.
- Open Loop Cooling: All Yamaha WaveRunner utilize open loop cooling, which is used by nearly all marine manufactures. It's the most effective, reliable and maintenance-free way to cool your engine.
- Cruise Assist / No wake mode / Reverse: The Yamaha exclusive electronic throttle system offers convenient operability to the PWC. The Cruise Assist eliminates the bother of constant throttle work to maintain a steady speed, which is something you will really appreciate in long-distance cruising. You simply set your desired speed with a finger-tip control switch, and it is easy to cancel.
Simply returning the throttle lever to the position where it wasset cancels it. In No Wake Zones like harbors or thoroughfares with a speed limit, just select the No Wake Modeand let control system keep you just at the speed limit automatically. Another intelligent feature is the Reverse that controls engine rpm to prevent over-revving.
- Four-step Adjustable Tilt Steering System: Allows the rider to adjust the steering column angle from 55 degrees to 40 degrees.
- Fast Access Instrumentation Buttons: An industry first, offering quick, easy access to onboard instrumentation buttons.
- Multi-function Meter: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, battery voltage, overheat warning, hour meter and check engine light with self-diagnostic function.
- Industry's First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha's innovative remote controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the digital security system and Low RPM Mode.
- Security Mode / Low RPM Mode: With the click of a remote transmitter, you can easily reduce top speed and RPMs. The push of another button gives you the ability to disable the ignition, preventing an accidental start-up or an unauthorized joyride.
- Reboarding Step: A deeper reboarding step has been ergonomically redesigned, making it easier to climb back on board after a swim. Conveniently tucks away when not in use.
- Watertight Storage / Beverage Holder: On either side of the steering column are a Watertight Storage and a Beverage Holder. These user-friendly features make access to your favorite gadgets and drinks while cruising so much easier than ever before.
- Extra Large 125.5 liter storage capacity: allows ample room for drinks, food, spare clothing, and towels etc, along with other marine sports gear helping you to enrich your marine life experience.
- Stern/Platform Storage: the large swim platform features fast-access stern storage, double grab handles and a redesigned reboarding step, angled deeper in the water for easier reboarding.
- Dual Grab Handle: double grab handles are conveniently placed for quick, easy reboarding.
- Deck Storage: fast access stern storage provides the perfect place for stowing gear.
- Dual Convex Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuity.
- Chrome Plated Parts: used in various places on the cowling give a high-quality look.
|FEATURE||2013 FX HO|
|Bore/Stroke||86 x 78mm|
|Carburetor/Injector||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Engine Type||4 Cylinder; 4 Stroke; 1.8L High Output|
|Fuel Capacity||70 L|
|Oil Capacity||4.3 L|
|Pump||155mm; High-Pressure Axial Flow|
|Lubrication Type||Wet Sump|
|Vehicle Capacity||1-3 person|
|Colour||Crimson Red Metallic|