2013 FX SHO
Proving luxury and performance do mix.
Yamaha’s FX SHO continues to set the standard in the luxury performance category. Its fuel-efficient, supercharged, Super High Output 1.8 liter Yamaha Marine engine is complemented by a lightweight NanoXcel® hull. Adjustable sponsons and Yamaha’s Quick Shift Trim System allow customized handling and quicker planing. Exclusive Command Link keys provide easy access to onboard instrumentation. And No Wake Mode reserves the engine’s RPMs for controlled operation. The extended swim platform features extra stern storage and convenient dual grab handles. For those who thought luxury had to come at the expense of performance, the FX SHO continues to delightfully surprise.
The body of FX Series has been totally rethought after searching for true comfort in cruising and the ultimate in relaxation. New hull shape maximizes the power produced by its 1.8L engine, and has a light riding performance which is unimaginable from a full size body. By maximizing the merits of the ultra lightweight material NanoXcel, the weight gains from the increase in dimensions has been minimized.
The newly developed electric throttle has realized a more comfortable throttle operability and quick engine response.
New storage located below the seat on the stern side is convenient for storing wet marine gear. This will be a reliable space for water sports enthusiasts.
This multi-performance model maximizes the potential of the high performance SHO engine, and meets all the requirements from sports riding to cruising.
The Engine, Pump and Body
- 1,812cc Supercharged Super High Output Engine: The ideal engine for a PWC is one with super-high performance, light weight, compactness, reliability, durability and environment-friendly performance. This engine has all these features as only Yamaha can.
- Centrifugal type Supercharger : The supercharger developed to be a part of the ideal PWC engine is a centrifugal type with its qualities of quietness, compactness and minimum horsepower loss. Using fluid analysis to design turbine fins with the ideal shape to enable greater compactness without sacrificing output, both improved response and greater overall engine compactness were achieved. Also, by using a simple gear assembly to transmit drive force to the turbine, greater durability, serviceability and quietness have been achieved.
- NanoXcel Deck & Hull: The super-lightweight hull & deck NanoXcel achieves a revolutionary reduction in relative weight without sacrificing strength and production efficiency. And by using it in the hull, deck and other main parts of the craft, it has been possible to achieve a 25 % reduction in weight compared to the conventional materials.
The NanoXcel hull has been reengineered with a full keel for confident straightline tracking while the full-length, outside chines provide great stability.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and off throttle steering. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft.This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system with three-blade stainless steel impeller is designed to maximize water flow for high performance. The FX pump configuration provides excellent hook-up and smooth acceleration.
- Reverse and a new, mechanical neutral gear: combine to offer precise control and ease of operation.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- Quick Shift Trim System (Q.S.T.S.): Mechanically operated, this system offers instant change in the attitude of the watercraft while underway allowing for tighter turns or quicker acceleration on plane, as the rider prefers. Q.S.T.S. offers 24 degrees of total trim range.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability, handling and comfort.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience.
- Open Loop Cooling: All Yamaha WaveRunner utilize open loop cooling, which is used by nearly all marine manufactures. It's the most effective, reliable and maintenance-free way to cool your engine.
- Cruise Assist / No wake mode / Reverse Traction control: The Yamaha exclusive electronic throttle system offers convenient operability to the PWC. The Cruise Assist eliminates the bother of constant throttle work to maintain a steady speed, which is something you will really appreciate in long-distance cruising. You simply set your desired speed with a finger-tip control switch, and it is easy to cancel.
Simply returning the throttle lever to the position where it was set cancels it. In No Wake Zones like harbors or thoroughfares with a speed limit, just select the No Wake Mode and let control system keep you just at the speed limit automatically. Another intelligent feature is the Reverse Traction Control that controls engine rpm to prevent over-revving.
- Four-step Adjustable Tilt Steering System: Allows the rider to adjust the steering column angle from 55 degrees to 40 degrees.
- Fast Access Instrumentation Buttons: An industry first, offering quick, easy access to onboard instrumentation buttons.
- Multi-function Meter: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, battery voltage, overheat warning, hour meter and check engine light with self-diagnostic function.
- Industry's First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha's innovative remote controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the digital security system and Low RPM Mode.
- Security Mode / Low RPM Mode: With the click of a remote transmitter, you can easily reduce top speed and RPMs. The push of another button gives you the ability to disable the ignition, preventing an accidental start-up or an unauthorized joyride.
- Reboarding Step: A deeper reboarding step has been ergonomically redesigned, making it easier to climb back on board after a swim. Conveniently tucks away when not in use.
- Watertight Storage / Beverage Holder: On either side of the steering column are a Watertight Storage and a Beverage Holder. These user-friendly features make access to your favorite gadgets and drinks while cruising so much easier than ever before.
- Extra Large 125.5 liter storage capacity: allows ample room for drinks, food, spare clothing, and towels etc, along with other marine sports gear helping you to enrich your marine life experience.
- Stern/Platform Storage: the large swim platform features fast-access stern storage, double grab handles and a redesigned reboarding step, angled deeper in the water for easier reboarding.
- Dual Grab Handle: double grab handles are conveniently placed for quick, easy reboarding.
- Deck Storage: fast access stern storage provides the perfect place for stowing gear.
- Dual Convex Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Chrome Plated Parts: used in various places on the cowling give a high-quality look.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuity.
|FEATURE||2013 FX SHO|
|Bore/Stroke||86 x 78mm|
|Carburetor/Injector||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Engine Type||4 Cylinder; 4 Stroke; 1.8L High Output|
|Fuel Capacity||70 L|
|Oil Capacity||4.3 L|
|Pump||155mm; High-Pressure Axial Flow|
|Lubrication Type||Wet Sump|
|Vehicle Capacity||1-3 person|