Whether it’s on a closed course capturing World Championships or out for a thrilling weekend with friends, Yamaha’s FZS dominates. It flexes muscles. And it inspires. Under the skin sits a 1.8 liter supercharged, Super High Output Marine engine cranking out top speeds and industry-leading acceleration in mere seconds. This 1.8 liter monster is the largest displacement engine of any PWC on the water. But it’s not all muscle for this machine. A sleek, race-ready NanoXcel® hull delivers unmatched predictability and edge-to-edge handling in tight turns. Light in weight — yet heavy in the win column, the FZS is ready for whatever you toss its way.
All of the elements that you would expect in a watercraft known for its performance are balanced at a very high level. maneuverability in the high-speed range, sportiness, highly honed turning performance and exhilarating acceleration. The hull has been newly designed to provide the optimum relationship with the 1.8L super high output engine in order to achieve this balance. Yamaha's unique hull design technology has been fully utilized in order to provide the optimum solution especially for the FZS / FZR. This includes facilitating top performance on water surfaces with constantly changing conditions, and a high level of sports riding comfort for all types of riders.
In addition, "telescopic steering" which has only been a dream up until now for sports riders is an advantage that can only be experienced on the FZS / FZR.
It is a prolific example of how versatility and ultra high-performance can work together seamlessly.
The FZS is a universal athlete capable of a full range of uses from high performance sport riding to tandem cruising.
The Engine, Pump and Body
- 1,812cc Supercharged Super High Output Engine: The ideal engine for a PWC is one with super-high performance, light weight, compactness, reliability, durability and environment-friendly performance. This engine has all these features as only Yamaha can.
- Centrifugal type Supercharger: The supercharger developed to be a part of the ideal PWC engine is a centrifugal type with its qualities of quietness, compactness and minimum horsepower loss. Using fluid analysis to design turbine fins with the ideal shape to enable greater compactness without sacrificing output, both improved response and greater overall engine compactness were achieved. Also, by using a simple gear assembly to transmit drive force to the turbine, greater durability, serviceability and quietness have been achieved.
- NanoXcel Deck & Hull: The super-lightweight hull & deck NanoXcel achieves a revolutionary reduction in relative weight without sacrificing strength and production efficiency, and by using it in the hull, deck and other main parts of the craft it has been possible to achieve a 25% reduction in weight compared to the conventional materials. This major reduction in weight brings big benefits in the form of lighter handling, faster acceleration and better fuel economy.
- Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers a smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from unwanted water ingestion.
- Yamaha Engine Management System (Y.E.M.S.): An integrated, computerized management system that controls and adjusts such functions as ignition timing, fuel injection mapping, engine diagnostics and off throttle steering. The OTS function of Y.E.M.S. activates when the operator releases the throttle lever and attempts to steer the watercraft.This assists the operator in turning while the watercraft is decelerating.
- 155mm hyper-flow jet pump propulsion system with three-blade stainless steel impeller is designed to maximize water flow for extreme performance. The FZS & FZR pump configuration provides strong hook-up and excellent acceleration.
- Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you can not turn around easily.
- Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
- Quick Shift Trim System (Q.S.T.S.): Mechanically operated, this system offers instant change in the attitude of the watercraft while underway allowing for tighter turns or quicker acceleration on plane, as the rider prefers. Q.S.T.S. offers 24 degrees of total trim range.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
- Multi Chine FZ Hull: The new generation hull balances superior turning performance, sportiness, stability and the capability to respond to a variety of water surface conditions at an extremely high level. Yamaha's hull development technology has provided the optimum solution to the pursuit of sport performance.
- Performance Riding Plate: This feature serves as a vital component of the superior FZ hull, enhancing performance in turns and making a substantial contribution to stability when cruising at high speeds.
- Performance Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two and three-up riding experience.
- Open Loop Cooling: All Yamaha WaveRunner utilize open loop cooling, which is used by nearly all marine manufactures. It's the most effective, reliable and maintenance-free way to cool your engine.
- Telescopic Steering: The telescopic steering column allows the steering position to be adjusted up and down to one of three different positions at a 50mm pitch. The low position is just right for the rider to lean forward during sports riding, and the high position is perfect for standing up when going through choppy water surfaces. This is a dedicated feature only for the FZS and FZR that embodies Yamaha's approach to sports riding.
- Dual Analogue Meters: The red dial background for the analog meters helps stimulate the sports-oriented nature of virtually all riders. The meter on the right is a tachometer, and the one of the left is a speedometer.
- Industry's First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha's innovative remote controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the digital security system and all-new Low RPM Mode.
- Security Mode / Low RPM Mode: With the click of a remote transmitter, you can easily reduce top speed and RPMs. The push of another button gives you the ability to disable the ignition, preventing an accidental start-up or an unauthorized joyride.
- Reboarding Step: makes remounting the craft more graceful and easier for water sports.
- Watertight Storage: Space is provided beneath the seat to store items that you do not want to get wet during cruising or sports runs.
- Large Glove Box with Dual Cup Holders: This space is provided for small items that you want to access right away while riding. It can also be used as cup holders, making sure that you have a drink when you want it while cruising.
- 80.6 liters of Total Storage: Plenty of space is provided to store towels, a change of clothes, food, snorkels, fins and other equipment that you want while cruising. This utility space will also be appreciated by riders aiming for the best sports run possible.
- Extra Large Boarding Platform: Provides a stable platform for re-boarding.
- Dual Convex Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
- Chrome Plated Parts: used in various places on the cowling give a high-quality look.
- Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the watercraft's conspicuity.
|Bore/Stroke||86 x 78mm|
|Carburetor/Injector||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Engine Type||4 Cylinder; 4 Stroke; 1.8L High Output|
|Fuel Capacity||70 L|
|Oil Capacity||4.3 L|
|Pump||155mm; High-Pressure Axial Flow|
|Lubrication Type||Wet Sump|
|Vehicle Capacity||1-3 person|
|Storage Capacity||80.6 L|